Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Oak Model 19 WTB

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fmjbullitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Hi everyone, I have sold my Klipsch La Scalas and now I am hunting for a pair of Model 19s in oak this time. If you have any leads I would appreciate the help!!I would like them in good to excellent condition...I don't mind paying as long as the quality is there.
    Ted.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep in mind that the oak cabinets don't seem to show up as often as the walnut models. I don't know if there weren't as many made or if people tend to hang on to them. Personally, I think the oak sounds better in the mid frequencies . . . not so . . . dark. forums

    Hang in there, it's worth the wait!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gearjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also I have noticed that the walnut versions have a better bottom end. Really digs in deep.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hahahahahahahahaha!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One thing to consider....If you're any good at simple veneering...You can get the walnuts and just veneer right over the walnuts with OAK. Never did this on Model 19's, but did it on some kitchen cabinets. You'll have to remove any varnish that is on the speakers before you apply the new veneer. If you do it yourself should only cost you less then $100.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member fmjbullitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hi MikeInNH, while your idea is a good one it is not what I had in mind. I want to purchase another set of 19s so that I have two pair. One can not have enough Altec speakers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.